What are some good NY cities, towns, counties to move to?
I'm looking into cities/towns/counties, etc...for the affordability and low crime (for starters) that are as close to NYC as possible. Does not have to be exclusive to the state of New York (but not including south or north New Jersey). Hopefully, a house with a lower cost of living than in Queens County, for example. Preferably, an area with high walkability and decent amenities, and great haunts for hangouts (like a cozy caf or library as a bonus). Peaceful and quiet but with enough nightlife that you won't need to travel to NYC (or elsewhere) all the time just to find the most fun things to do. Could also have some nature trails to take walks on. Also would prefer somewhere not exclusively car-dependent, with at least some decent form of commute with traffic as low as allowed that could allow working from home if necessary.
Question asked via StreetAdvisor
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Douglas Elliman.
Are Greenwood Lake, Highland Falls, and Tarrytown good choices to look into further?
1. Affordability (of course)
2. Low crime (again, of course)
3. Not too urban but not too rural either (could have a "small town feel" to it)
4. High walkability
5. Decent amenities (e.g., internet)
6. Not exclusively car-dependent
7. Some peace and quiet but enough to where it's boring most of the time
8. Decent enough nightlife
9. Cose enough to NYC as possible
10. Decent commute time to NYC
11. Access to decent public transportation (e.g., bus, train)
12. Within reach of some nature (be it trails or a park), whether by car or public transportation.
1 person following